Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tim Price Bloggin' For D'Addario Woodwinds- Grooving on Cannonball! Happy birthday to a master of the highest.

Tim Price Bloggin' For D'Addario Woodwinds- Grooving on Cannonball! Happy birthday to a master of the highest. Happy Birthday...Cannonball. You changed my life and touched this music deeply. .....I put ALL the articulations in here...That's the only way to get to the center of this masters thing. He had things that people need to study....the phraseology of the music. Proof reading this was a labor of love. ...This sais a lot...plus my props to a Berklee teacher Lennie Johnson ( rip) who urged me to do this in 1970...and said it would help me get deeper into a concept- and to apply to the tenor sax too.God bless you Lennie Johnson- you did me a huge life favor.......This is part of a 4 page article with Nat Adderley and I...Nat was not only a friend but someone who was a huge influence on my composing. I can;t put the entire article in- I need book sales as the publisher does not advertise these books. I got to sit in with Cannon a few times...and he was like a guru to me. It felt like a hurricane or some force of nature being near him as he played- the lesson of my life. As Stan Getz said- you don't get better playing with your friends- you need to play with cats better than you. Cannon was one of a kind. He was cool too- he invited me up to play. I wish he was alive to see this book...he would of appreciated it. I loved his playing and have 3 more volumes I'm trying to publish. Some day I will because the music deserves it...that's what it's about for me. Anything else is just that....THE BLUES TELLS THE TRUTH...and the truth is in the blues. Check the notation...every note I had here was articulated. That's vital to the language. — at Buy my book if you dig these...we need the sales.....CANNONBALL LIVES....Tim Price

No comments:

Post a Comment