Monday, August 5, 2013

Tim Price Bloggin' For Rico Reeds- Space and you.

The experience of creating space – within your body, your life, and with others – is incredibly liberating. I know that the more space I give myself, the more grounded I feel within who I am. And the more space I create the deeper connection I experience in my music and life. This isn’t really about physical ‘space’, but about creating space in the way you communicate and interact with others. This means not letting thoughts interrupt the connection that’s being created between you and the other person. It’s a feeling of spaciousness that exists within your body and inner self. It’s an experience of being clear, present and grounded in who you truly are – and using that connection as the foundation for relating to others from a more authentic and meaningful place. The ability to create space with others in this way has deepened as I’ve learnt to be more present and aware within my own body and self. As I take time to connect with the whole of who I am on a daily basis, my mind has becomes quieter and I feel more in tune with my authentic self. From this space, I’m naturally able to be more present with others without loosing that inner connection to myself. Being present to someone in this way may not always seem ‘easy’. If you let yourself, you can easily become distracted by your thinking: including devising what you’ll say next; mulling over your judgements about the other person (or worrying about what they think of you); feeling a need to interrupt their speaking with your own opinion; or thinking about something else entirely. I’ve fallen into this trap too, many times. Connecting with others authentically takes a conscious commitment in the moment. In my own experience, when I make that commitment, I find I’m rewarded many times over. Rewarded – not because I’ve been able to ‘contribute’ through my words – but because the experience of being truly present provides a much deeper, fulfilling sense of connection between everything. Beyond music, life and anything. Internal joy. IF....YOU DESIRE...A feeling of spaciousness that exists within your body and inner self. It’s an experience of being clear, present and grounded in who you truly are – and using that connection as the foundation for relating to others from a more authentic and meaningful place....Then give yourself the respect and open up.You might find that a dead end has become a doorway. - - - Till next week- take some walks, turn off the Iphone and facebook and live- Enjoy- Tim Price

No comments:

Post a Comment