Friday, August 15, 2014

Tim Price Bloggin' For D'Addario Woodwinds- Inspiration from an inspiration- Bennie Maupin.

- In listening to Lee Morgan last night... I started to reflect on hearing Bennie Maupin with Lee & Herbie Hancock, Horace Silver through the years. All those Blue Note records- which are always in constant rotation in my listening. He had his own thing, played saxello, bass clarinet & the woodwinds in such a personal way. My kinda hero! To me there are things in this music & life that transcend money or anything- and that's acknowledge from your hero's & peers. I met Bennie over two decades ago- after I played a demo at a trade show in LA. That's where the picture with Branford is from....I'll never forget that day! He came over and just started to talk & was amazing. Since then we've stayed in touch, became friends and I can't describe the _high_that comes with someone coming up to me- and saying that Bennie Maupin told them about me. It makes me practice harder- and stay on my path....because that what's happening. Inspiration-knowledge, hard work- wash & repeat. That to me is why I do what Ido..in this multifaceted ART FORM. Here is a nice quote Bennie Maupin gave me years ago for my website...there's no room for depression or any funny stuff with guys who I listened to for ever giving me some vibes like that. Have a great weekend ya'll - keep on. HERE IS HIS QUOTE - - "Tim Price continues to explore and develop his deeply personal approach to music. Through the years his persistence, determination and passion has enabled him to create a stellar reputation as a multiple woodwind master, composer, producer, author and last but not least educator. Tim is one of the best musicians active today and I'm happy to say he's my friend...." -Bennie Maupin ;; - - - LISTEN TO BENNIE MAUPIN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE- HE IS THE MEDIUM & MESSAGE YOUR EARS NEED. MORE SOON- Tim Price

No comments:

Post a Comment