Thursday, November 26, 2015

Tim Price Bloggin' For D'Addario Woodwinds- Happy Thanksgiving,

....Be grateful for what you have to get more of what you want. I believe what we consistently focus on and believe to be true, we create in our lives. Therefore it is so important to take inventory of what you already have from time to time. By being grateful for what you have in your life you are telling yourself, I have abundance in my life. That I am deserving of abundance in health, finance, relationships or whatever. By doing this you are telling your subconscious that you are deserving of more of this thing that you are grateful for. I suggest that this not be taking lightly. In my opinion, your thinking and your beliefs are the basis of all that we have in our lives and all that we will create for our future. So, it’s kind of important.What we focus on we create. If you are thinking about what you don’t have in your work, relationships, finance, or health, you are telling yourself that you don’t have enough. This can be a self-perpetuating cycle of creating more of the thing that you are trying to avoid. It can be hard to see that in the moment. You mind’s natural defense mechanism is saying, I don’t want this therefore I am resisting it. Logically it makes sense, but the more time we focus on what we don’t want the more we are creating that exact thing. So, enough about that, what do you want? Focus on the positive, the flipside of the thing you are trying to avoid or push away. Focus on the positive.Instead of thinking of what you don’t want or how you don’t have what you want, think about what you do have and having more of it will open up- what we focus on we create. By thinking positively about your musical horizons and life you are attracting more and opening up to the possibility of more. Now don’t take my word for it, you have to experience it for yourself. Otherwise, it’s just another interesting idea. In a nutshell, acting grateful can actually make you grateful.Be Thankful for Family...For many people, gratitude is difficult, because life is difficult. Even beyond deprivation and depression, there are many ordinary circumstances in which gratitude doesn’t come easily. This Thanksgiving, don’t express gratitude only when you feel it. Give thanks especially when you don’t feel it. As for me, I am taking my own advice and updating my gratitude list. It includes my family,cats, friends and work. But also the dappled complexion of my bread-packed bird. And it includes you, for reading this column.- - HAPPY THANKSGIVING- Tim Price,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment